logo
A A A

Former Synagogue and the Rabbi’s House

Description

The first Jewish inhabitants in Tukums were mentioned already in 1719. Their properties were mainly around the former Market Square (now – the Liberty Square), as well as on Elizabetes and Uguns streets. The first synagogue appeared on the town plan in 1802. It was located next to the more recent synagogue building, which was built in mid-19th century. The Jewish congregation and synagogue were active up until World War II. After the war, the synagogue building was used as a grain warehouse and a sports school. Now, it is the sport club for people with disabilities.

Contact information

Brīvības Sq. 8, Tukums