logo
A A A
Search by name

Kandava Fire-fighter Depot

Kandava Fire-fighter Depotwas constructed after the big fires raging through Kandava in 1872. Up until the 20-ties of the 20th century, the depot also ...

Vējspārns or The Wind-wing

The Wind-wing is the steep, cobble-stone paved part of the Lielā Street. Back in the day, there used to be a windmill, from which the name of this pla ...

Former Community Centre

Former Community Centre is now the building of the Cultural Community centre of Kandava and it was built in year 1909. The interior designs at the Gre ...

Mēra kalniņš or the Plague Hill

The Plague Hillis a witness to the plague epidemic of year 1710, after which only 2 craftsmen remained alive. Historians reckon that the Plague Hill w ...

Kandava Synagogue

The building of Kandava Synagogueindicates of the fact that majority of residents of Kandava during the 19th century were of Jewish background. The sy ...

The Old Elementary School Building of Kandava

School is located on the Northern end of the Riebiķi hillock, and it is now also referred to as the School Hill. The building was constructed during t ...

The Stone bridge across Abava river in Kandava

Itis the oldest rubble-stone bridge in Latvia, built in year 1873. Before the bridge was constructed, a ferry was arranged to get across the river, bu ...